I am not sure what the reason, but this year I feel more patriotic than ever before. I know I am more in tune with what is going on around the world and my country. Maybe that is why?
All I know is everything I have done today I thought of the fallen heroes. These might seem trivial or silly, but when you think about all the things we, as Americans, get to do because of freedom I don’t take them for granted.
- I woke up from a peaceful sleep this morning.
- I drove to the store to buy all the food and items I needed.
- I ate until I was full.
- I listened to my radio in the car.
- I got to go swimming.
- I was able to do yard work.
- I got to eat again.
- I worshiped God publicly without fear.
- I am doing my laundry.
- I am watching Nascar.
- I get to take a hot shower.
I am thankful for all the selfless men and women who loved me and my country enough to leave their families to defend mine. So many soldiers never made it back to their loved ones. That is an ultimate sacrifice.
Thank you, courageous men and woman. We are the land of the free because of the brave.